You Call. We Come. It’s Fixed. Guaranteed.
That’s been our motto since 1946. For over 75 years, Boulden Brothers have been serving Newark, DE, and Marland’s Cecil County communities. Our clean, screened, trained and timely technicians make quality service and your happiness with a job-well-done their priority.
Since 1946, The Boulden family has maintained a commitment to delivering timely service by trained professionals you can trust.
- 1946Omar & Urie Boulden, Sr. start Boulden Brothers Coal in Newark, DE
- 1947Seeing a decreased demand for coal, Omar & Urie, Sr. add heating oil to the business
- 1959Urie Boulden, Jr. starts Boulden Oil Co. in Earleville, MD
- 1963Urie, Jr. purchases Boulden Brothers and changes name to Boulden Oil Co.
- 1964Boulden Oil purchases B & J Burner Service to better serve their customers
- 1965Begins offering septic tank pumping service
- 1968Adds propane to the growing list of services
- 1971Adds portable toilet rentals
- 1972Acquires Mar Del Fuels in Elkton, MD
- 1973Boulden Oil Co. incorporates as Boulden, Inc.
- 1975Acquires McCarthy & Sons Sanitation
- 1982Acquires Wilco Supply adding motor oil to the product family
- 1988Tim Boulden begins working in the motor oil division
- 1991Buys C.R. Brown Oil Co. in Elkton, MD
- 1991Expands service business to include air conditioning & heat pumps
- 1991Sells motor oil division to Sico, Inc.
- 1992Mike Boulden begins working in the oil & propane division
- 1993Buys heating oil division of Newark Lumber
- 1994Purchases A.J. Price Oil Co. in Newark, DE
- 1995Adds water conditioning to the list of services
- 1996Acquires Premier Oil in Wilmington, DE
- 1996Purchases West End Fuels in Wilmington, DE
- 1996Buys Modern Fuels in Wilmington, DE
- 1996Plumbing service are added
- 1997Acquires Skold Services in Newark, expanding the HVAC and plumbing business
- 1997Adds bottled water
- 1999Buys Hammond & Taylor Oil in New Castle, DE
- 1999Sold bottled water division to Aquarius Bottled Water
- 2000Purchases the heating oil division of Schlosser & Associates in Newark, DE
- 2001Seeing a decreased demand for heating oil, the decision is made to sell the heating oil division to Burns & McBride
- 2004Boulden HVAC joins One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning national franchise
- 2005Looking to focus on the core businesses of propane, HVAC & plumbing, the septic division is sold to A-1 Sanitation
- 2007Starts Mister Sparky Electrical Service
- 2007Urie Boulden, Jr. sells business to Tim & Michael Boulden
- 2008Sold portable toilet division to A-1 Sanitation
- 201367 years later, the name changes back to Boulden Brothers
The Boulden Brother’s Way
Whether you need help with your plumbing, heating, cooling services, or electrical services, Boulden Brothers provide reliable service from technicians you can trust anywhere in the New Castle County, Delaware, Southern Chester Counties, Pennsylvania, and Cecil County, Maryland area.
No Waiting Around
Clean, Neat Technicians
Boulden Brother’s Charity Truck History
Boulden Brother’s Charity Truck campaign was able to help raise thousands of dollars for various charities over a couple of years. We started the campaign with our BIG PINK truck, which featured a bubble gum pink paint job on one of our 3,200-gallon propane delivery trucks. This campaign helped us raise more than 16,000 dollars for the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Cancer campaign.
We were proud to unveil our new Boulden Brother’s Charity Truck that we had dedicated to helping the Ronald McDonald House of Delaware. The Ronald McDonald House of Delaware provides a safe, affordable “home away from home” to families of seriously or chronically ill or injured children treated at area hospitals and operates RMH Family Rooms within pediatric units of three hospitals across Delaware. The House is a place where families can stay together and receive the special care they need at such difficult times.
As our Charity Truck made deliveries, Boulden Brothers donated a penny for every gallon purchased to the Ronald McDonald House of Delaware so they can continue to help the families of seriously or chronically ill or injured children to be closer to one another during a scary and difficult time. For more details on the services, Ronald McDonald House provides, please visit RMHDE.org.